Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year, New Thoughts, New Needs... 2015

Nine days into the New Year, and I still haven't made many changes to my lifestyle to show just how much I want to be healthier. It's been a rough start for our family, with the news of our little Angel needing Open Heart Surgery again. This will be her second operation in her 4 and half years of life, and it's just as scary, if not scarier, than when she was operated on at 7 months old.

Just a day at Grandma's house. 

My little Angel, My little Niece Scarlett Rose, is my motivation for wanting to be healthier. Her strength, and her courage to battle through every obstacle tossed at her, and preserver should be motivation enough for anyone. I want to be a better person for her and because of her. I want to live a healthier lifestyle, so that I can do my part in being here for her as long as I can. I want to be by her side and lift her spirits, just like she's lifted mine. 

My Scarlett Rose, My Sweet little Angel girl is 4 and a half years old. She was born with an extra chromosome in her little body. Her extra chromosome, causes her to LOVE like no other. There isn't a bad bone in her little body. Down Syndrome is often thought of as a disability, which it definitely is NOT. But seriously, if you've never been around someone with Down Syndrome, you are truly missing out. My niece is a phenomenal person. She has taught us so much about patience, and understanding. She's taught us all how to love unconditionally, just like she does, and appreciate everything we have in life. My niece has held our hands through this amazing journey with her. My only wish for her, is that after this heart surgery, that she will resume a LONG and healthy life. I have never EVER felt love like the love my niece has for me and everyone else around her. She's the cutest, sweetest, most loving little person in all the world. She's learning new things everyday, and trying her best to communicate with us all in her own way, and it has been nothing but a blessing to see her overcome all that TRIES to stop her. 

Scarlett and her little sister Lucy.

My own personal need to live a healthier lifestyle is to ensure that I can be here for her as long as possible. I want to be by her side, teach her, guide her, love her, just as she's done for me. I want to eat healthier, move around more, exercise as often as I can, and lose as much weight as needed, to avoid any potential health problems I may encounter now or later in life. 

My niece is my motivation. If she can overcome all that has come her way, then I can too. I leave this post asking for all prayers possible for my little Angel. Lift her up in prayer, keep her in your thoughts, and ask the Lord Almighty to place his loving and healing hands on her heart and her body, as well as in the hearts, hands, and minds of the doctors performing her operation. Please pray that he
 Her 4th Birhtday Party

Sitting like a big girl at a baby shower.

Watching videos with her little sister and little cousin.

keeps her safe through her surgery, and let her heal quickly. I pray endlessly, that my niece will no longer have heart complications, and will continue to sprinkle her love everywhere she goes, and on everyone she encounters.

I Love You My SCARLEE-PIE, MY SCARLEE-ANGEL.
~Tia Soni!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like an amazing mom! Thank you for sharing your #2015Ambition with us :)

    ReplyDelete