Friday, November 28, 2014

Blue Xtava Hair Curler Review


For someone like me, trying to to style my super long, super straight hair, proves quite difficult, EVERY day. My hair is really fine, and hard to manage, so I have ONE style. Long, flat, straight. 

I'm always on the hunt for something that will help me try new styles on myself. I want change, I want something fun, but that's hard to come by. When I received this product, I was super excited to try it out. I wanted so bad to have a new style, and was hoping this would be the prefect product for me. 








The curling iron heats up pretty quickly, and the plastic spiral and plastic tip prevent you from burning yourself. There is only one button, an on/off switch, so there is no temperature setting at all. Whatever it heats to, that's what you get. The curling iron itself only curls about 6 inches high of your hair, so for someone with hair as long as mine, it actually wasn't much of a great look, but as soon as I cut it, I'm sure it'll look a whole lot better, and I will update this review.  I had a lot of trouble with my hair getting stuck in the hair clip though, and it resulted in strands of hair being pulled out. Gave for a bit of a painful curl, but I must say, that the curls were SUPER nice. They curl very spirally, and very quickly. So with time and patience, this would work wonders for others.  I'm not one to put much products in my hair, Shampoo, Conditioner, and some Argan oil, and that's about it. I can't say very well, how well it would hold with hair gel, or mousse, but without it, the curls took quite well.

All in all, I liked the curler very much, but for someone with long hair like me, it did prove to be a bit time consuming to curl, because of the blue spiral guides, as much as I appreciate what they're there for, I do believe they are in the way. It was also a bit difficult, because I have uneven hair, so I couldn't get it to stay in place to curl through the guides. This curler would be perfect with someone with short to mid-length hair, that isn't too thick. The thicker your hair the harder it will be to curl. BUT, I can't deny how well it curls. It works really well. 

A bit difficult to get all the uneven hair, but still worked well.

More of the uneven hair


Worked very well without hair products.


So if you're that person with the pretty, short to mid-length hair, that isn't uneven. Then this would be GREAT for you. It retails on Amazon.com for $19.99 very inexpensive for what it does. It comes in 3 colors, Pink, Orange, and Blue like the one pictured. Just take a look, and I'm sure you will find that it's as neat as it looks.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment