Monday, November 17, 2014

Kidzlane Dinosaur T-Rex Room Guard with Motion Sensor Review



(Photo Credit: Amazon.com by Kidzlane)

I was over the moon excited, when I was chosen to Review the Kidzlane Dinosaur T-Rex Room Guard with Motion Sensor. I know Dinosaurs are mostly associated with boys, BUT my girl LOVES Dinosaurs, and has impressed me greatly with her vast knowledge of these ancient animals.

When I recieved the package, just a day and a half after ordering, I asked my girl to open the package for me. She had no idea what was in there. When she saw the dinosaur, and saw that it was a projector she nearly broke a window with her scream of excitement.

I was a bit worried though, as I had never heard of the brand, and thought that it might be poorly made, or not work as well as me and my Ali would want it to. But I was truly in for a surprise once we got the box open.
Front of Box


Back of Box



This Dinosaur Motion Sensor Projector by far exceeded my expectations. I was not expecting it to be as well built, and as sturdy as it was. My girl and I opened the box with this dinosaur and were super excited to get it going. We waited for my hubby to go buy us batteries, they are not included, (3 AA.) Everything was packaged neatly, and separately, this is something I always look for when I purchase new products. Nice and neat packaging makes me highly consider purchasing from the same companies. Oh, and can't forget to mention the nice dinosaur sticker that came in the box too.
View when you open the box

I really wanted to keep the decal, The kiddo wouldn't let me


I was so happy to find that there was absolutely no assembly required, Unscrew the battery chamber, slide in your batteries, and the T-Rex starts roaring. All 3 slides that come with the Dino have a nice little storage section on the dinosaurs back so you don't misplace them. Again, all these little details, were making my impression of the Dinosaur get better and better. In the box is also a sheet which names all the Dinosaurs that you see on the slides, very handy.

The projector is bright, it can double as a flash light if necessary. The slides were very nice too, LOTS of pictures to look at. They're not cheap paper slides either, they're the same hard plastic that the body of the dinosaur is, quite thick, and sturdy. The projection was used in low light, not very dark, and it still worked nicely. We liked that you can bring the slides in and out of focus, by moving the dinosaurs right arm. Neat little detail. The entire Dinosaur is very hard plastic, very sturdy, and strong. I do not see this Dinosaur having any damage done to it anytime soon, the details on it are beautiful, it's very well constructed.

 She was hiding from the littles.

The compartment where you store your slides. 


The motion sensor on the T-Rex makes for a nice little feature, in all honesty the projector in my family was the most impressive. The sensor only works when a room is lit, it is activated when someone or something casts a shadow on it, the little ones in the family loved the roaring, and LOVED running up to it, to get it going. But as for my older one, the one who ended up keeping it, she was absolutely in love with the projector. She gaves us all lessons on dinosaurs.

My overall impression of the Dinosaur was very positive. As was my daughters. She absolutely loved it. That's proof that dinosaurs are not only for boys. Girls like them too. I would highly recommend purchasing for your Dinosaur enthusiast. It's a beautiful toy,  and will satisfy any boy or girl, this holiday season and always.

I asked my daughter if there was anything wrong with the dinosaur, and she couldn't think of one. That's saying a lot, because she can nit-pick as well as the next kid. But she saw no flaws, and quite honestly I didn't see any either.

The only thing I'm hoping for, is that one day, this company will offer a new set of slides, and that it's something they continue to sell, for years to come. This is a toy that will be handed down from kid to kid. Something I trust will stand the test of time.

My husband has it on our Christmas List for our 9 year old nephew. We will be purchasing a second Dinosaur before the holiday.


The following are all photos I took of all sides of the T-Rex Projector. ENJOY!










My Girl

Girls LOVE Dinosaurs too.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment