Sunday, November 23, 2014

+Lifeguard Mini Portable Charger Review


(Photo credit: +Lifeguard on Amazon.com)

I have a huge obsession with taking photos, I carry a small camera, a large camera, and my trusty cell phone, the latter of which I tend to use the most, as it's smaller, lighter, handier, and quicker to access, when I need to take a quick shot of something I see. I tend to drain my battery so quickly, and I'm often left trying to locate an outlet. This can prove rather difficult if I'm not indoors.

I was sent the +Lifeguard battery a couple of weeks ago in a beautiful metallic hot pink color. The charger comes packaged in a smooth cardboard box, and comes complete with 2 cords, one, that can charge iphone 5 and higher, and one that will charge Samsung/Android Devices. The cord that charges the Android devices, is technically what charges the battery bank. So it does double its duty.

The +Lifeguard Mini is about the size of a roll of quarters, it's a bit larger than a lipstick, but is the perfect size to slip in your pocket, or purse. It's not heavy at all, it's got some weight, but nothing you can't handle. It's super convenient and easy to use. Charge it up (FULLY) plug in your device, and wait for it to charge.  Charging your phone doesn't take too long either, maybe 45 minutes to an hour, and you're fully charged.

Samsung Galaxy S5



 Samsung Galaxy Tab




A couple of cons though, in regards to the charger, were that the light indicator only shows when your portable battery is being charged, and when you are charging your phone or tablet. I also found that it will only charge small devices. It did charge my my Samsung Galaxy s5, and my Samsung Galaxy Tab. It did not however, charge my iPad 2. I do not think it is powerful enough for a device that large, but that's ok, because I usually do not take my iPad with me. I just thought I'd give it a try.

Attempting to charge my iPad.



Another thing I did notice, is that the portable battery does take a while to charge, about 4-5 hours when plugged into a wall, and 10-12 hours when charging through a laptop or computer. It's quite a lot of time to charge something, so I'll only charge it overnight and take it with me. This device is only capable of charging one device at at time, before needing to be recharged itself. So once you charge your phone you do need to be sure to plug it in again, to use another time.

Overall, this charger is pretty neat. I do wish it indicated more when it was dying, or needing to be recharged, it's hard to gauge when it's needing to be plugged back in.  I think this portable charger is going to come in handy, when I need an extra boost of energy on my phone.

It's beautiful, it's sleek, it's very neatly designed. It charges my phone and small tablet completely, once per charge, which is perfect for someone like me who loves taking lots of pictures of my nieces, and nephews, and who LOVES attending a concert here and there.

If you're looking for something to get you through your next charge, then this is the device for you. It retails on Amazon, for $24.97 and comes in 3 colors, Black, Silver, and Pink. And for what it does, it's definitely worth the price.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment