Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Makeup Bag with Display Sheet

(Photo Credit: Displaycorp.us)


My Review today, focuses on a product I was sent to test out for free, and give my honest opinions on. I was very excited to be selected to review the Makeup Bag with Display Sheet, and even more excited when I received it. It's been a few days now that I've had it with me, and I've found a few Pro's and Con's I want to share with you.

First off, my bag came in a regular yellow mailing envelope. In the envelope was a clear plastic wrap which held the Display Sheet Makeup Bag. The first things I noticed upon pulling out the bag from the plastic wrap, was that it was a bit thinner than I expected, and a lot smaller too. The display sheet portion was nicely folded into the bag, and appeared longer than I thought it would be. That was great, so that you can lay out a lot of the contents of the bag. The bag is nylon fabric, and has a drawstring pull cord to close the bag. The quality of the bag is pretty good. There are no visible signs that it'll be tearing anytime soon, and has very clean, tight stitching. The bag is also made in the USA.

(Label found on the bottom of my bag)

Now my thoughts on the bag, are mostly positive. I really REALLY love this concept, and think it's a fantastic way to store any small items you like to carry around. However, I do not think I would want to store my make up in the bag. Some of my makeup products are quite pricey, and I think that if I stored them in this bag, they'd be more prone to breaking because there is absolutely no padding or protection. I also tend to carry make up brushes which in this bag would stick out, and probably fall out. The last thing that I had a bit of trouble with, was the nylon drawstring cord. It did not have the plastic stopper that most drawstring products have, so the bag would just open back up a bit. This wasn't too big of a deal, all I had to do was tie a knot to stop it from opening back up, but to undo the knot was a bit tricky. 

My brushes are too tall to carry.

Covered brushes.


Makeup inside my bag.

Makeup displayed on the sheet. 

Another view. 


So, after trying out the bag with makeup in it, I decided this wasn't what I wanted to use my bag for. I'm a big fan of polymer clay, and sometimes find it difficult to carry it around with me when I'm in the middle of working on a project. SO... with that being said. My Makeup Bag Display Sheet, was converted into a Polymer Clay carrying bag, which worked out ever so perfectly for me. 

The following photos are all of some of the Polymer Clay I took on the road with me.

This picture shows the drawstrings, which have no stopper.





The bag stands freely on it's square shaped base.



All laid out on the display sheet. 


Overall, I LOVE this bag. I really do. The concept is smart, it's easy to use, and super convenient. Although I will not be using it for it's intended purpose, I do find there is a lot of potential in this product. If you have little ones who love playing with small toys, puzzles, crayons, legos, even barbie dolls with all their accessories, then this would be the perfect carrying case for traveling with all your separate pieces. For adults, carrying medicine, or turning it into a small emergency kit would be great as well. The possibilites are endless. In my honest opinion, a name change would make a big difference. Maybe call it an Multipurpose display bag, or something a long those lines, not JUST make-up. I did see that their website also markets the bag as a golf pouch. That's perfect too!

The price on their websites lists it at $9.99 for 1 display bag. You can also purchase at wholesale at 1 carton of 10 for $71.90. The price, I think is a bit high for this product, but you can justify the price with the benefits it has. Especially if you have little kids, who tend to lose their toys. This will keep them all in place, and you won't be needing to go out to buy more replacement products. I do wish there were more color options. The navy blue is pretty, but maybe Pink, Red, or Purple even green would be nice. I would also like to see different patterns. Maybe chevron print, zebra, or cheetah print. Also, Sports prints, basketballs, baseballs, footballs, cheer megaphones, etc. The possibilities are truly endless.

Visit their website at WWW.Displaycorp.us, for more information.


Fits perfectly inside my medium sized purse. 








I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment