Saturday, December 20, 2014

Digital Crayon Stlyus Review



I have 3 very small nieces, Ages 2, 3, and 4, and one older niece who is 11. My nieces and I are so very close, and I try to do anything and everything to make them happy. I was hoping to review this Digital Crayon Stylus, and was happy when I was chosen to be sent this product for free, and give my honest opinion on it. I was so excited when I saw the name on the stylus. "Painting Lulu." My youngest niece Lucy, is nicknamed Lulu. So it was very fitting.

On to the Stylus. The Digital Crayon has a QR code on the package, which you can scan with your mobile device, to receive their digital coloring book app. Now, I couldn't figure out how to download it to my iPad, so I never had the chance to do so. It did however send me to the website, where I was able to get my older niece to color with the stylus. 








We did find that the coloring pages of the app, were a bit difficult to click through, and the cookie mascot often got stuck in the center of the page, and we couldn't get rid of it, unless we exited out of the browser and relaunched the page by using the QR code scan. I'm sure you can anchor the webpage to your favorites tab on your mobile device to avoid having to scan the package over and over again, I just wish I would have been able to figure out how to download it to keep handy on my iPad. 

The stylus, is very sturdy, it almost feels like a solid eraser. The tip however was a bit too weak for my liking. There were a couple of incidences where my niece pressed down too hard on the iPad to try to get the page to respond, and the tip was lodged in a concave manner into the stylus. I had to actually put my lips around the tip to suck it back out. I have had this problem with plenty of other styluses, so I know it's just a flaw in all digital accessories such as this one. 

The stylus is definitely a very cute, very neat concept. It keeps the little ones from marking on the walls like they have with real crayons, and it keeps them busy. My youngest niece has managed to tear a piece of the tip off, so I haven't allowed her to play with it again.

This is absolutely kid friendly, and would really appeal to any young child. If you're looking for a stylus for a child, you should get this one. There's no point in purchasing a basic black tipped one, when your child can have a cute colorful one like this. The stylus retails on Amazon.com for $6.99. and comes with the FREE coloring book app. Click through the link below to see a variety of colors, that would definitely peak the interest of any child.





No comments:

Post a Comment