Sunday, December 28, 2014

YALMEH Foundation Brush Review

I'll be perfectly honest here, I've only used one other foundation brush prior to using the YALMEH foundation brush. The other brush I used was pretty rough on my skin and always left bristle streaks on my face. Needless to say I stopped using that brush and switched back to Walmart make up sponges, before trying out a Beauty Blender. Now, the beauty blender was always my go to product for make up application. After my negative results with my other foundation brush, I just never saw me using anything other than the beauty blender, or products like it.

I was chosen to review the YALMEH foundation brush a few weeks ago, and couldn't have been more excited to try it. In exchange for the free foundation brush, I was asked to leave a review in return. I'm happy to say that my review of the product is completely positive.


Upon receiving the brush, I immediately ran my fingers through the bristles to feel how rough (or soft) they were. I was already skeptical because of my previous experience, so I had very low expectations for this one. I was surprised with how soft it was though, and defiinitely could not wait to test it out.

I first tried it out with my MAC Studio Fix Foundation. I decided to go with a heavier foundation to see if the streaks would appear on my face. I hoped that they wouldn't because of how soft the bristles felt to the touch, and I was so right. A few strokes of the brush across my face, and all signs of any lines were gone. 



(Horrible picture)


I next tried using the brush on a lighter foundation. Well, not exactly a foundation, but a super lightweight Tinted Moisturizer. The Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is usually my foundation of preference, especially during the hotter South Texas summer months. I was hoping that with how lightweight this moisturizer was, that it wouldn't leave the dreaded streaks. I was so glad to see that again, there were absolutely no signs of streaks on my face. The application, as with my heavier MAC foundation, was pretty flawless. Just a few strokes and very little added pressure and the foundation was completely set. 




I do believe that the top grade synthetic fibers make for a smooth, even application. The brush is long lasting, and easy to clean up. It is also hypoallergenic,cruelty free, and vegan friendly. I loved the wood handle, and the size it was. It was easy to hold, didn't slip out of my  hands, and didn't feel chunky when I held it.

If you're looking for a high end foundation brush with out the high end price tag, then I would definitely recommend you looking into the YALMEH foundation brush. It retails for $11.95 on Amazon.com and ships free with Amazon Prime. AMAZING deal for such a great product. I have since ditched my beauty blender, and replaced it with this brush. I'll bet you'd do the same if you gave it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment