Monday, December 15, 2014

Kobert Waterproof Case Review

In July of this year, 2014, my husband and I decided to take a day trip out to Port Aransas, Tx. We live nearby, and are avid beach walking buddies, but Port Aransas is more of a touristy destination, whereas the area I'm in is more of a city by the beach type of place. We hung out on the beach near the pier, walked the pier, and watched people fish off of it. We had lunch on the bay, overlooking the beach and the marina, and had just a beautiful time.

We decided to end our day by taking a dolphin cruise. We chose the last trip of the day, which was to last about an hour and a half. I was super excited, and so eager to snap some pictures with my cell phone, so that I could send them to my mom and sisters. We boarded the small jetti boat, which had a flat deck with benches on both sides. We left the marina and into the bay we went. I was snapping pictures like crazy, all the while, my husband kept giving me that cringy look, he was afraid I was going to drop my phone, because the water was choppy, and walking back and forth, nearly knocked us all off our feet. 




Luckily, my phone never left my hands, I was able to keep a firm grip on it, but that didn't mean it didn't get wet. We were splashed repeatedly by waves, and my phone was as saltly as the lady sitting next to me, who couldn't get her phone to take a decent picture. 

I told my husband that night, that I wanted a Necklace type of case that I could use when we went out on the water. Something I could place my phone in, and still take pictures comfortably. When I received the message that I had been approved to review the Kobert Waterproof Case, I couldn't have been more excited. I was only asked to leave my honest opinion on the product, in exchange for the product itself, which I happy did. Upon receiving the case, I immediately placed my phone inside of it. The case is just right for my phone. It fits perfectly inside. Anything larger probably won't fit. It's a perfect size for my phone. 




Perfect fit for my Samsung Galaxy S5

Completely clear back for great pictures.

I decided to test the case using my old Iphone 4s. Actually my husband wouldn't let me test it out on my Galaxy, as he was a bit skeptical about it's performace. I'm happy to report, that my old Iphone 4s, survived the dunk in the sink without any water coming into contact with it. The case is made of plastic and has a polyester string that attaches to the top of the case, so that you can wear around your neck. EXACTLY what I was looking for. I am super excited to take this out on the water, and not have to worry about my phone getting wet, or even slipping out of my hands.

The amount of water I submerged the case in.



I think this case would work perfectly for anyone who's around water for work, or as a hobby. Fishermen, Swimmers, Lifeguards for sure. I did see water on my phone when I pulled it out, but that was only because there was some water on the outside of the case. That water did get into the top of the case, where the hard plastic closures are located. Oh, and on the topic of the open/closure clips, they can be a bit tricky to open and close.  I did have a bit of trouble each time I attempted to use them. Maybe this just means that the case is that secure, and will protect your phone quite well. 

The Kobert Waterproof Case retails on Amazon.com for $12.99, and ships free with Amazon Prime. This is definitely a steal. You do not want to get your phone wet, when you're out and about, and wearing it around your neck just makes it so much more convenient. I absolutely recommend this product. 

Dry Iphone 4s






No comments:

Post a Comment