Tuesday, December 2, 2014

ORION External Battery Bank Portable Charger Review

Being on the go a lot, keeps me away from an outlet, most of the time during the day. This can quickly become a problem, when my phone is constantly losing charge less than half way through my day.

The day I received this charger, I was a bit skeptical about how it would perform, because the price was so low. I did like all the functions it had, which include 2 charge ports, Micro USB input, high capacity battery, indication lights, touch control, overheating protection, and the BONUS led flashlight. (I'm a sucker for portable flashlights, ask my hubby) I opted for the blue charger, which is a gorgeous metallic color. Super pretty, and easy to find inside my dark purse. It also came with a Micro USB cable, which charges my Samsung Products, and many others. The charger is compatible with MANY devices.

Orion Portable Battery turned off

Turn on the battery by sliding your finger across the arrows

Battery information, and LED light.

LED flashlight button, and light. 

I tested this charger on several different products. My cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S5,) My tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab3,) PS4 Remote, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, and an Iphone 5s. All products took a charge, and did not kill the battery bank. I was highly impressed, especially after charging 2 devices at once, and still having enough juice to charge a couple more devices.


The following photos show some devices being charged at home, throughout the day. 

Charged 2 Samsung Galaxy S5 at the same time

Charged my Samsung Galaxy Tab and Samsung Galaxy S5 at the same time.

Charged my Apple Ipad 2

Charged my Ipad 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5 at the same time.


Charged my Play Station 4 Controller as well.

I'm not sure how this company has managed to price it so low. When I asked my husband to give me a price he thought it retailed for, he said he wouldn't be surprised if it retailed for $50-$70. I'm being totally honest when I tell you, that this is a STEAL for $29.99. This would make an amazing gift for someone on the go, someone who travels often, or for any students, who are stuck in school all day.

My sister, my niece, and me took a trip out of town for the day, and while I'll usually carry a charger with me, and hope I find an outlet somewhere, or hope my sister will let me unplug her phone (she always lets me,) I decided to only take along the Orion Portable Charger instead. Not only was I able to charge my phone twice, I was also able to charge my niece's Iphone 4s, and I got to  charge my sisters Iphone 5s at the same time I charged mine. It wasn't until the end of my trip, on my way home, (12 hours later) that the Orion Portable Charger finally died, but all 3 phones were over 85% charged.

If you're looking for an awesome charger, and are not wanting to pay such a high price for one (my brother in law paid $99 for his) this is definitely the charger you need to get. It's light weight, doesn't over heat when it's being charged, and does not overheat while it's charging your devices. The LED flashlight, isn't too bright, BUT it's still a bonus, that DOES work, and works well. I can not get over this one. My husband and I are fighting over who's gonna get to keep it. Even my mom is asking for one, which I'm thinking of purchasing for Christmas.

You can find this item on Amazon.com for $29.99. Definitely a steal.

ORION Power Bank Portable Charger


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment